I draw from the most up to date findings in brain science and the study of interpersonal neurobiology, attachment theory, Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT), Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT), and Gottman theory for couples, addiction recovery, depth psychotherapy, person-centered therapy, psychodevelopmental psychology, internal family systems (IFS), and spiritual direction.
By helping my clients begin to know their nervous systems, and the way in which their bodies hold onto fear or pain and communicate what their needs are, we may begin to find greater agency and access to more control, when our feelings get the better of us. With this awareness we can slow down the unproductive interplay in our relationships and begin to work towards meeting our needs and the needs of our significant others.
My Areas of Specialty
I specialize in working with:
• Addiction and alcoholism
• Couples Therapy
• Emotional distress
• Suicidal feelings
• Anger problems
• Relationship problems/issues/concerns
• Life transitions
• Midlife crises
Men’s Psychotherapy Group
This group will focus on the experience of being a man in today’s world, inclusive of all lived experiences. We will explore the changes and challenges of being in relationship, whether steady, stagnant, or in transition. This will be a space to explore sources of difficult feelings ranging from anger to remorse to worry. This, too, is an opportunity to rewrite the inner scripts that keep us stuck in unhelpful patterns. Group psychotherapy offers a powerful experience wherein the group creates a microcosm of the outside world. Each member will have the opportunity to dive deeper into what's going on beneath the surface; to gain a deeper understanding of what’s happening interpersonally and within the self. This can help facilitate the development of new ways of being within the self and in relationships of all kinds.
Contact Harley by phone or email for questions or to set up a free 30-minute consultation. Group sessions are $45/weekly.
This group is ideal for men who:
- Want to explore an affordable option for ongoing therapy
- Feel like they’ve reached an impasse in individual therapy
- Want to delve into and gain a deeper understanding of their true selves
- Are frustrated, dissatisfied, or overwhelmed with patterns in their lives
- Want to build emotional awareness and flexibility in dealing with whatever life brings
- Experience challenging emotions, such as anger, depression, anxiety, worry and/or doubt
- Experience difficulties in relationships, with self-image/identity, and/or self-confidence
This group can benefit those who are either currently in therapy or those have been in therapy and want to expand on what they have learned and get real feedback and support from others.
Contact Harley for more information about joining this group below.